Variation to electricity transmission licence application – Oz Minerals Prominent Hill Operations Pty Ltd
- Project Released: 16 Jul 2020
- Project Closes: Sep 2020
- Contact: Georgina Lawrence
The Commission has received an application from Oz Minerals Prominent Hill Operations Pty Ltd for a variation to its electricity transmission licence authorising operation of the 132kV line from Olympic Dam to Prominent Hill and the associated 132/17-33kV substation at Prominent Hill and 11kV reticulation to the mine site village.
Current status is Final
The Commission varied Oz Minerals Prominent Hill Operations Pty Ltd’s electricity transmission licence, to add licence conditions relating to access and accounts, and authorising operation of:
- a 132kV single circuit line extending from the connection point with the ElectraNet owned and operated 132kV line at structure F1881-0491 to the Prominent Hill 132/11-33 kV substation located at Prominent Hill
- the associated 132/11-33kV substation located at Prominent Hill comprising of three 132/11kV 45MVA transformers, two 11/33kV transformers, and reactive power plant comprising of two 11kv 16MVA STATCOMs with associated switchgear and protection systems, and
- 11kV reticulation to the mine site village.
The Commission undertook a round of public consultation in relation to the application and received no submissions from stakeholders.
The Commission assessed Oz Minerals Prominent Hill Operations Pty Ltd’s application for a variation to its electricity transmission licence against the relevant provisions of the Electricity Act 1996 and the Essential Services Commission Act 2002 and determined that all relevant criteria under those Acts have been satisfied. It has therefore approved the application.
Please refer to the variation history in the licence for further information on variations approved by the Commission, pursuant to the criteria in the Electricity Act and the ESC Act.