Position Vacant - Manager, People and Performance - ASO7
Full-time, ongoing: $101,859 and $110,107
• Provide comprehensive workforce and corporate services to the business
• Operational hands on role with added strategic focus
• Highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive work environment
This is an exciting opportunity for a result-focused people and organisational performance professional to drive system and process improvements and deliver exceptional service in the corporate service group in conjunction with stakeholders throughout the organisation.
The Essential Services Commission (Commission) is an independent statutory authority that regulates the provision of essential services in the water and sewerage, electricity, gas, ports and rail industries. The Commission conducts formal public inquiries and provides advice to South Australian Government on economic and regulatory matters.
The primary objective of the Commission is to protect the long-term interests of South Australian consumers with respect to the price, quality and reliability of essential services.
The Commission is committed to providing thought leadership in economic regulation and regulatory policy and undertakes extensive stakeholder engagement to inform its work.
The Commission provides its employee’s with great opportunities for professional development and workplace flexibility.
As a member of the Corporate Services group the Manager People and Performance will lead and deliver Commission systems and frameworks in relation to workforce and organisational (internal) performance, including the key functions of Workforce (human resources); WHS and employee wellbeing; organisational and business performance evaluation; and the Commission’s office management and administrative services.
This position plays a key role in building strong human resources capability and effective business partnerships within the wider business.
The successful candidate will possess extensive experience in managing an end to end human resources portfolio and be a true people leader motivated by opportunities for continuous improvement and strong organisational culture. You will possess highly developed interpersonal skills, be solutions focussed and innovate and be a skilled communicator. You will have experience managing a team in a dynamic and challenging environment and will offer strong administrative, policy, stakeholder relationship and coordination skills.
You will need:
• Exceptional cross functional collaboration and communication skills within all levels of the business
• Ability to understand, lead and implement organisational organisational evaluation methods
• Knowledge of human resources information systems and WHS systems and function
• Knowledge of payroll systems, compliance reporting and employment award interpretation
• Ability to prioritise your work and manage multiple organisational development and strategic planning tasks simultaneously
• Be innovative and curious with a passion for providing executive level support with the desire to make a positive influence
• Formal tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Management or Business will be highly desirable
The role is benchmarked as an AS07 and offers a Salary Banding of $101,859 and $110,107 per annum, plus superannuation.
The Application Process:
You can complete your application by following the apply now link and uploading ALL the requested documents via the HUDSON Website.
You will need to ensure you provide ALL OF the following for your application to be considered.
• An up-to-date word version of your résumé (maximum of four pages) including within the details for two current referees. These must be your current line manager or direct report. Please ensure you include the name, role title, relationship to you and contact details. (Phone and Email). Your referees may be contacted at any stage of the selection process, including as part of shortlisting. Please note that we will assume that you have informed your referees of your application, before including their contact details.
• Application Response - Your Short Form Application Response should outline how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the specific role as outlined in the Essential Criteria included within the Position Description. Please ensure to demonstrate relevant examples.
The Commission and the South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working, including part time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role. The Commission is committed to providing a workplace in which all employees and visitors are treated in a manner which is non-threatening, courteous and respectful.
To be eligible to apply for the ongoing position listed on this page you must be an Australian Citizen or have Permanent Residency Status.
For full details of this position, please ensure you download the Role Description which outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 17 July 2020.
Contact details for enquiries: