Electricity generation licence application – University of South Australia
- Project Released: 5 Apr 2019
- Project Closes: Jul 2019
- Contact: Rebecca Millwood
The Commission has received an application from the University of South Australia for an electricity generation licence to operate:
• a 279.3 kilowatt solar generating plant, located at the City West Campus, Adelaide, and
• a 1.6 megawatt solar generating plant located at the Mawson Lakes Campus, Mawson Lakes.
Current status is Initiate
The Commission has received an application from the University of South Australia for an electricity generation licence in accordance with the Electricity Act 1996 (Electricity Act). The applicant is seeking to operate:
• a 279.3 kilowatt solar PV generating plant, located at the City West Campus, Adelaide, and
• a 1.6 megawatt solar PV generating plant located at the Mawson Lakes Campus, Mawson Lakes.
In assessing an electricity generation licence application, the Commission considers the application against the relevant licensing provisions set out in the Electricity Act. It will also have regard to its primary objective under the Essential Services Commission Act 2002, being the protection of the long-term interests of South Australian consumers with respect to the price, quality and reliability of essential services, and other factors as they apply to the Commission's role as an economic regulator of the South Australian electricity industry.
In making its assessment, the Commission considers advice from the Office of the Technical Regulator. Matters related to health and environment protection are regulated under separate legislative frameworks.
The University of South Australia’s application is subject to a public consultation period closing on 3 May 2019. The Commission welcomes submissions on any matters relevant to the application.