Vacancy: Senior Regulatory Analyst
18 May 2022
- Do you have an analytical mind with a sound understanding of financial accounts/performance?
- Do you want to work in a genuinely flexible and friendly CBD environment?
- Do you want to work in an employee focused, high performance, statutory organisation?
Salary range: $94,176 - $99,615 – More than one position available
The Commission is currently seeking applications, from experienced financial/economic analysts and those looking to consolidate and grow their current practical workplace experience, to join our team. The Commission is an independent statutory authority that regulates the provision of essential services in the water and sewerage, electricity, gas, ports and rail industries. Our primary objective is to protect the long-term interests of South Australian consumers with respect to the price, quality and reliability of essential services.
What are we looking for from you to succeed in these roles?
- The ability to maintain a “big picture” focus when working on detailed technical issues.
- Be collaborative and enjoy working as part of a small team.
- Being able to think analytically and creatively with a ‘solutions’ approach to situations.
- Ability to draft briefing papers, correspondence and documents that are technically correct and easy to read for the non-technical audience.
- Be able to talk to your ideas and communicate effectively.Most importantly, be a positive leader and ambassador for our organisation.
Does this sound like you? Read on because, in addition, the key requirements for this role are also…
- To undertake quantitative and qualitative analysis of information and data sets across multiple industries and then analyse, assess, and explain trends in the operational and financial performance of regulated entities.
- To assist in the implementation of reporting guidelines and to undertake ongoing monitoring of performance against service standards and performance metrics.
Experience working in a regulatory environment will be advantageous in your application but is not essential.
Yes! We will consider some relocation expenses for the right candidate. Adelaide is an amazing and vibrant city, with rents being on average 45% lower than Sydney and many more great reasons to make it your new home – experience Adelaide.
This is the important bit, to apply please email a one-page pitch telling us about you, highlighting your experience and what would make you successful in the role. Also attach your current CV and email both to Rachel Wilkinson, Manager, People and Corporate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted in PDF format.
For a confidential discussion, please call Rachel Wilkinson on 8463 4448.
Applications close: 5pm on Sunday, 5 June 2022.
Want to work with us but don’t quite fit the roles at this level or the key requirements? Then please reach out to have a chat or send your CV through (please include ‘future consideration’ in your email subject line) or keep an eye on our vacancies page.
Commission and the South Australian public sector promote diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role.
The Commission adopts a zero-tolerance approach to towards domestic violence and disrespectful behaviours of any kind in the workplace and in the broader community.