Vacancies: Manager, Regulatory Evaluation and Regulatory Monitoring Officer
07 Jan 2022
Do you want to work in a genuinely flexible and friendly CBD environment?
Do you want career and growth opportunities?
Do you want to work in an employee focused, high performance, statutory organisation?
Manager, Regulatory Evaluation
Full-time, initial 24-month contract - ASO8 - $114,105 - $118,413
Regulatory Monitoring Officer
Full-time, initial 12-month contract - ASO4 - $72,135 - $75,616
The Essential Services Commission is currently seeking applications from those with experience in the fields of performance evaluation and regulatory monitoring to join our team. The Commission is an independent statutory authority that regulates the provision of essential services in the water and sewerage, electricity, gas, ports and rail industries. Our primary objective is to protect the long-term interests of South Australian consumers with respect to the price, quality and reliability of essential services.
What are we looking for from you to succeed in these roles?
- The ability to maintain a “big picture” focus when working on detailed technical issues.
- Be collaborative and enjoy working as part of a small team.
- Being able to think analytically and present the technical to the non-technical.
- Ability to draft briefing, correspondence and documents that are technically correct and easy to read.
- Be able to talk to your ideas and communicate effectively.
And most importantly, be a positive leader and ambassador for our organisation.
Does this sound like you? Read on, because in addition, the key requirements for each of the roles are also…
Manager, Regulatory Evaluation (ASO8)
- Manage, plan, execute and deliver the Commission’s public reporting and evaluation program, to promote the long-term interests of consumers in South Australia.
- Lead a team responsible for using data and information to explain trends in the performance of regulated entities and to provide consumers and stakeholders with evaluation insights.
- Monitor market outcomes, to question and provide feedback to regulated entities on their performance to drive a culture of accountability.
- Co-ordinate and prepare strategic communication materials such as website content, correspondence, briefing papers and reports.
Regulatory Monitoring Officer (ASO4)
- Contribute to the Commission’s compliance, enforcement and audit program to promote the long-term interests of consumers in South Australia.
- Assist to review, evaluate, document and investigate regulated entities performance to encourage a culture of compliance and drive positive consumer outcomes.
- Contribute to intervention strategies when alleged breaches are identified in line with the Commission’s Enforcement Policy.
- Educate and collaborate with regulated entities on the compliance requirements of the Commission.
These positions are initially offered on a contract with a good possibility for extension.
The Commission and the South Australian public sector promote diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role.
The Commission adopts a zero-tolerance approach to towards domestic violence and disrespectful behaviours of any kind in the workplace and in the broader community.
How To Apply
Please email the following documents to Rachel Wilkinson, Manager, People and Corporate via firstname.lastname@example.org;
All documents should be submitted in pdf format.
For a confidential discussion, please call Natasha Cheshire, Director, Regulatory Monitoring and Evaluation on (08) 8463 4866.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 7 February 2022.
Don’t quite fit the roles at this level or key requirements but would like to be considered for future roles? Then please reach out to have a chat or send your CV through (please include ‘future consideration’ in your email subject line) and we will contact you if an opportunity arises.