Power Line Environment Committee Annual Report 2018-19

03 Oct 2019

The Power Line Environment Committee (PLEC) Annual Report 2018-19 has been published and provided to the Minister for Energy and Mining in accordance with the PLEC Charter. It has been distributed to representative organisations of PLEC, local councils and Members of Parliament.

During 2018-29, PLEC recommended six submissions for funding to underground 4 kilometres of power lines. These projects were approved for construction for the 2019-20 undergrounding program.  Of the projects approved, 51 percent of funding was allocated to local council projects in the metropolitan area and the remaining 49 percent of funding allocated to projects in regional areas.