Feedback and dispute resolution

We aim to ensure that our interactions with the South Australian community are relevant, informative, professional and appropriate,

We welcome feedback on our performance:

If you have a complaint about the service we provide, we will use the following processes to address your concerns:

  1. The matter should first try to be resolved with the staff member.
  2. If you are not satisfied after speaking with that person, then you should ask to talk to the staff member's manager.
  3. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact to Chief Executive Officer of the Commission at:

    Essential Services Commission
    GPO Box 2605 Adelaide  SA  5001
    Telephone: (08) 8463 4444

The Chief Executive Officer will respond to your complaint.

We ask that our staff be treated at all times with courtesy and respect.

Individual customer disputes with the entities we regulate

We do not resolve general disputes between consumers and the entities we regulate.

The businesses we regulate are required to have complaint and dispute resolution procedures in place.  This must include the ability for a customers’ complaint to be escalated within the business and ultimately include referral to an independent dispute resolution body.

For the majority of the businesses we regulate, the Energy and Water Ombudsman SA is the independent dispute resolution body.

If you have any complaints related to your utility services you should:

  1. First try to resolve the matter with the customer service staff at your utility company.
  2. If you are not satisfied with the response or outcome, ask to speak to someone at a higher level within the company.
  3. If the matter remains unresolved you can phone, write or email the Energy and Water Ombudsman SA.

The Energy and Water Ombudsman SA can be contacted on freecall 1800 665 565 or

The services provided by the Energy and Water Ombudsman SA are free to consumers and the Energy and Water Ombudsman SA can investigate and resolve disputes between customers and the electricity, gas, water and sewerage companies we regulate.