Positions Vacant Update - Senior Policy Officer
We are looking for a highly experienced policy professional with exceptional research and analysis expertise to join our team. Working in the Consumer Protection and Pricing Group, you will have a leading role in the development of policy advice and analysis for regulated entities. Your ability to dive into complex investigations and conduct robust and comprehensive research and analysis will assist you in succeeding in this role. This, combined with outstanding communication skills and a proactive and accountable approach to your work will enable you to make this role your own.
Reporting to the Manager, Policy, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing discrete projects and/or contributing towards work streams within major projects or reviews under the direction of the Manager, Policy.
- Undertaking research to develop solutions to complex policy problems, drawing on insights from public administration, economics, and social and behavioural sciences.
- Undertaking robust qualitative and quantitative analysis of survey instruments, data sets and models, including preparation and review of literature and converting this analysis into practical outputs and advice.
- Developing and presenting clear and concise written and verbal policy advice to inform Commission decisions.
The Essential Services Commission is an independent statutory authority with functions in a range of essential services including water, sewerage, electricity, gas, rail and maritime services, and also has a general advisory function on economic matters.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
- Some intra/interstate travel involving overnight absences may be required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline are essential in this role.
How to Apply
Applications should include a resume and covering letter (maximum two pages) outlining your experience and knowledge as relates to the Position Description.
For further information about the role, please contact Ms Amber Miller, Manager, Policy on (08) 8463 4444 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be addressed to Ms Rachel Wilkinson, Human Resources Officer via email to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 17 March 2017.