Review of Rail Guideline - Tarcoola - Darwin
- Project Released: 15 Dec 2016
- Project Closes: Apr 2019
- Contact: Angus Bruce
The Commission is reviewing guidelines relating to the Tarcoola-Darwin rail access regime and the South Australian rail access regime. The review will focus on ensuring that the guidelines are consistent with current market conditions and streamlined where possible.
Current status is Submissions
The Commission is reviewing guidelines relating to the Tarcoola-Darwin rail access regime and the South Australian rail access regime. The review will result in a separate report for each access regime and will focus on ensuring that the guidelines:
- continue to provide effective protection to existing and prospective railway users while ensuring that regulatory costs are kept to a minimum,
- are clear and represent contemporary practice, and
- anticipate, as much as practicable, future changes in the rail industry.
The Commission has received four public submissions following the initiation of this project. All relevant issues raised in the submissions will be considered by the Commission ahead of releasing:
- a draft report for the proposed changes to the SA Rail Access Regime Information Kit in March 2019, and
- a draft report for the proposed changes to the Tarcoola-Darwin rail guidelines in March 2019.
The Commission publishes submissions as an information source only. It does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information contained in submissions. Any person accessing or relying on a submission published below is responsible for assessing and verifying the information contained within it.
The Commission disclaims all responsibility and liability (including, without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages, costs or other injury incurred by any person accessing or relying on a submission published below as a result of the information contained in that submission being inaccurate or incomplete in any way.