Inquiry into regulatory arrangements for small-scale and off-grid water, gas and electricity services
- Project Released: 15 Aug 2016
- Project Closes: Feb 2021
- Contact: Sean McComish
The Commission has formed the view that an inquiry into the way in which it regulates small-scale utility operations is necessary and desirable at this time to ensure that the regulatory frameworks it applies under industry regulation Acts is consistent with its primary statutory objective, and is proportionate and responsive to recent and emerging issues.
The Commission is to inquire into appropriate regulatory arrangements (including subsidiary regulatory instruments such as industry codes) and price regulation arrangements to apply in relation to small-scale water supplies, sewerage services, non-national market electricity and reticulated Liquid Petroleum Gas supplies (small scale water, sewerage and energy services), for the purposes of carrying out its functions.
Current status is Submissions
- Further info
Submissions received – Inquiry into regulatory arrangements for small-scale and off-grid water, gas and electricity services.
The Commission has received 12 submissions to the Inquiry’s Draft Inquiry Report.
The Commission thanks those who provided submissions and those who attended meetings with the Commission and will consider all submissions as it prepares its Final Inquiry Report.
Submission policy and disclaimer
The Commission accepts submissions from third parties in good faith.
Any and all views, statements or opinions expressed by a third party in a submission are those of that third party and the Commission does not necessarily accept or endorse any of those views, statements or opinions.
The Commission may, in its discretion, decide to redact all or part of a submission if it:
- contains information that cannot be published
- breaches privacy legislation or other legislation
- may result in the identification of an individual without their consent
- contains inflammatory, offensive or inappropriate content
- is defamatory or slanderous or may expose the Commission to legal action
- is confidential or commercially sensitive
- is outside the terms of reference of the review, project or regulatory decision that the submission relates tobreaches any intellectual property rights
- is in breach of any contractual obligations prohibiting disclosure or publication, and/or
- is otherwise appropriate to redact.
The Commission accepts no liability for, nor makes any warranty in respect of, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material or content contained in a submission of a third party and is not liable to any person or organisation named in a submission where it:
- withholds or fails to withhold a submission and/or personal information from publication
- redacts parts of a submission in line with its submission policy requirements.
If you use or rely on any material or content contained in a third party submission, you do so solely at your own risk.