Power Line Environment Committee (PLEC) annual report 2020-21

15 Sep 2021

The Power Line Environment Committee (PLEC) Annual Report 2020-21 has been published and provided to the Minister for Energy and Mining in accordance with the PLEC Charter. It has been distributed to representative organisations of PLEC, local councils and Members of Parliament.

During 2020-21, PLEC recommended ten projects for funding approval to underground a total of 3.84 kilometres of power lines. These projects were approved for construction for the 2021-22 undergrounding program.  

Of the projects approved, 53 percent of funding was allocated to local council projects in the metropolitan area and the remaining 47 percent of funding allocated to projects in regional areas.