Vacancy: Manager, Regulatory Evaluation
24 Feb 2022
The Essential Services Commission is currently seeking applications, from those with a proven record of achievement in managing analysis, evaluation and reporting and those looking to take their current sound practical experience to the next level. The Commission is an independent statutory authority that regulates the provision of essential services in the water and sewerage, electricity, gas, ports and rail industries. Our primary objective is to protect the long-term interests of South Australian consumers with respect to the price, quality and reliability of essential services.
What are we looking for from you to succeed in these roles?
- The ability to maintain a “big picture” focus when working on detailed technical issues.
- Be collaborative and enjoy working as part of a small team.
- Being able to think analytically and present the technical to the non-technical.
- Ability to draft briefing, correspondence and documents that are technically correct and easy to read.
- Be able to talk to your ideas and communicate effectively.
- Most importantly, be a positive leader and ambassador for our organisation.
Does this sound like you? Read on because, in addition, the key requirements for this role are also…
- Manage the reporting and evaluation program to research, analyse and use market outcomes and data to evaluate trends in performance of regulated entities; question and provide feedback on their performance to drive a culture of accountability. Back all this up with a strong writing ability to inform reviews, inquiries and regulatory decisions.
Yes! We will consider some relocation expenses for the right candidate. Adelaide is an amazing and vibrant city, with rents being on average 45% lower than Sydney and many more great reasons to make it your new home – experience Adelaide.
Want to work with us but don’t quite fit the roles at this level or the key requirements? Then please reach out to have a chat or send your CV through (please include ‘future consideration’ in your email subject line) or keep an eye on our vacancies page.
This is the important bit, to apply please email a one-page pitch in PDF format telling us about you, highlighting your experience and what would make you successful in the role. Also attach your current CV in PDF and email both to Rachel Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion, please call Rachel Thamm (08) 8463 4413.
Applications close: 5pm on Sunday, 20 March 2022.
The Commission and the South Australian public sector promote diversity and flexible ways of working, including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role.
The Commission adopts a zero-tolerance approach to towards domestic violence and disrespectful behaviours of any kind in the workplace and in the broader community.