Ports pricing and access review 2017
- Project Released: 30 Sep 2016
- Project Closes: Sep 2017
- Contact: Stuart Peevor
The Maritime Services (Access) Act 2000 requires the Essential Services Commission (Commission) to review the South Australian ports Access Regime every five years. The Commission’s 2017 Ports Pricing and Access Review is being conducted to meet this requirement.
The Review will consider the following questions:
* Should the ports Access Regime continue for a further five‐year period from 31 October 2017?
* Should the ports Price Regime continue for a further five-year period from 31 October 2017? If it is to continue, what form of price regulation should be adopted?
Current status is Final
The Commission has completed its Ports Access and Pricing Review and:
- proposes the ports Access Regime should continue to 30 October 2022,
- and has concluded the ports Pricing Regime should continue to 30 October 2022.
The Commission has formed the view that there are some areas where consideration should be given to improving the regimes. Those areas are:
- the level and type of infrastructure covered by the regimes
- the consistency of services in-scope of the regimes, and
- integrating the regimes into a state-wide transport regime.